Cairncross Martin has over the past 23 years developed a procurement discipline – referred to in-house as The Method – which details systematically within eleven steps; the processes for the planning, reporting and ultimately the delivery of FF&E and OS&E to the Project.
The Method stipulates the responsibilities of each individual, consultant and vendors to ensure the processes within the 11 steps are executed in an efficient, effective and transparent manner.
The Method is proven; the 11 steps work in transition with each other and are:
- Cost Plan
- to establish and maintain a Client approved Cost Plan.
- Mock Up Rooms
- to establish and maintain Project standards which comply with ID Specifications and Hotel Company Branding within agreed Cost Plan.
- Vendor Pre-qualification
- to establish and maintain a database of qualified Vendors World-wide
- Pre-Tender Strategy
- to establish and maintain agreed procurement strategy and reporting there-of
- Tender Process
- to establish and maintain an accurate technical and commercial Tender process; reported in a transparent manner throughout.
- Contract / PO Process
- to establish and maintain Client and Vendor commitment to Contractual agreement of supply.
- Production Process
- to establish and maintain product compliance to Project approved Quality, quantity, schedule.
- Payment Process
- to establish and maintain Vendor payment schedule as certified against agreed deliverables.
- Shipping Process
- to establish and maintain shipment of goods according to project approved schedules.
- Warehousing, Installation & Placement
- to establish and maintain shipment of goods according to project approved schedules
- Assets Register
- to establish and maintain procedure for compiling all project records, user manuals, warranties for all procured goods.